Station com dating
On 18 September 1896 a light engine, running tender first, was passing through the station when it came into collision with six empty fish trucks.One of the trucks was thrown off the rails against a cast-iron column supporting the inner ends of the principals of the station roof, and when the column broke, a portion of the roof, about 94 feet (29 m) by 56.5 feet (17.2 m) fell onto the platforms and track. a local Nottingham architect, to rebuild the Midland station.This article is about the currently open station formerly known as Nottingham Midland.For other, now-closed, main stations in Nottingham, see Nottingham London Road railway station and Nottingham Victoria railway station.* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Nottingham from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Nottingham station, briefly known as Nottingham City and for rather longer as Nottingham Midland, is a railway station and tram stop in the city of Nottingham.The day began with the closure of the booking offices in the old station after the last tickets were issued for the am London train and the new booking offices were opened in time to issue tickets for the am Erewash Valley train.No attempt was made to exclude the public from the building and many took the opportunity to view the new station buildings.Following the privatisation of the railways in the 1990s, it was transferred to the ownership of Railtrack and subsequently Network Rail.
In 1869 the Midland Railway purchased the West Croft Canal arm, filling it and building additional parallel tracks to south. Although attractive when it first opened, by the early 1900s the station was cramped, with only three platforms.The first contract for the station buildings was awarded to Edward Wood and Sons of Derby on 23 January 1903, who were also awarded the contract for the buildings on platforms 1 and 2 on 16 September 1903.The contract for the buildings on platforms 4 and 5 was awarded to Kirk, Knight & Co of Sleaford on 18 June 1903, who were also responsible for building the parcels office (Forward House) on Station Street, which opened in November 1903.By 1848, the new company had outgrown Carrington Street station and new lines to Lincoln had been opened.A new through station was opened on the current station site on , replacing the Carrington Street station.